Some telecom services do not process SMS messages which are essential security measures (two-factor authentication) for conducting transactions on Rain.
If you are having issues with receiving SMS messages, you can use an alternative application - Google Authenticator or Authy.
To setup Google Authenticator
To setup Google Authenticator:
- Log in to your Rain account.
- Go to User and click on Account.
- Click on Security.
- You will find a section below for Second Factor Authentication.
- Enter the 2FA code received on SMS.
- Download Google Authenticator app. iPhone users. Android users.
- Scan the QR code, or if on mobile copy and paste the key, to link your account to Google Authenticator.
- Enter the code that is showing on your Google Authenticator app.
- You can now use use the 2FA code provided on the Google Authenticator app to conduct transactions on Rain.
You can use Authy instead of Google Authenticator.
To setup Authy:
- Download the Authy app.
- Use the same phone number you have used to sign up with Rain.
- You should be able to use the 2FA code provided on the Authy app to conduct transactions on Rain.
If you face further issues or need some assistance, please let us know here.
Rain is a cryptocurrency platform in the Middle East, headquartered in the Kingdom of Bahrain. We are licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB). Rain enables you to buy, sell, and store bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, in a regulated, secure, and compliant way.