This article contains all the requirements and steps needed to open a personal account on Rain. Click here for information on opening an institutional account on Rain.
- Email address.
- Phone number capable of receiving SMS text messages.
- Personal Identification.
- Two forms of a government issued identification. This can be a national identification card, a passport or a driver's license.
- Please make sure to upload a clear picture (live) of the document taken by using your phone camera as scanned documents are not accepted.
- If you are submitting a National ID or a driver’s license, the front and back sides of the document will be required.
- Liveness check.
- Record a selfie clearly showing your face and follow the steps guided through the video.
- Proof of address.
- The document must outline your full address and your name. PO Box addresses are not acceptable.
- This could be a phone bill, utility bill or any government-issued document. Our customers from Saudi can generate a proof of address in PDF format by using the National Address Portal. For more information about the proof of address requirement click here.
Note: users are required to be at least 21 years old to be eligible to open an account with Rain.
- Visit our website rain.com or use our mobile application.
- Input your email and click on get started.
- Enter your details in all boxes. Click Create Your Account.
- Email verification: check your email for the confirmation email; you will be sent an email containing the link to confirm, click the link in the email.
- Phone verification: enter the phone verification details to receive the verification SMS text message. Enter the code received in the SMS text. Click Submit.
- Address verification: upload your proof of address in PDF format. Click Send. P.O. Boxes are not supported.
- Identity verification: in this step, you will be asked to provide a live photo of two forms of personal identification and record a selfie to verify your identity.
- Enter information regarding your occupation and funds.
It may take 3 hours to review your application.