Two-Factor Authentication, also known as (2FA), is an additional layer of security for your account. This works by requiring additional confirmation of your identity. This can be via SMS text message verification, or using mobile apps like Authy or Google Authenticator.
Two-step verification is automatically applied when completing a SEND or a WITHDRAWAL transaction. This provides greater assurances to the system that you, the account owner, is the one actually looking to conduct this transaction, and not someone impersonating you.
Note: two-step verification is automatically applied on your Rain account. A code will be sent to your phone number via SMS or voice call in order to complete transactions on Rain.
If you are facing issues with receiving SMS messages, you can use Authy or Google Authenticator as an alternative application.
To setup Google Authenticator:
- Log in to your Rain account.
- Go to User and click on Account.
- Click on Security.
- You will find a section below for Second Factor Authentication.
- Enter the 2FA code received on SMS.
- Download Google Authenticator app. iPhone users. Android users.
- Scan the QR code, or if on mobile copy and paste the key, to link your account to Google Authenticator.
- Enter the code that is showing on your Google Authenticator app.
- You can now use use the 2FA code provided on the Google Authenticator app to conduct transactions on Rain.
To setup Authy:
- Download the Authy app.
- Use the same phone number you have used to sign up with Rain.
- You should be able to use the 2FA code provided on the Authy app to conduct transactions on Rain.
If you face further issues or need some assistance, please contact us here.
Rain is a cryptocurrency platform in the Middle East, headquartered in the Kingdom of Bahrain. We are licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB). Rain enables you to buy, sell, and store bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, in a regulated, secure, and compliant way.